Tagged: 

• Author

wood52co
    Participant

I’ve auto-filed some reports, but figured it would be better to enclose an actual simple example since such developer reports can’t include the .artb filetype (at least for me).
    Any attempt to resize the text object (while holding down the shift key or selecting one side and dragging results in an instant crash. I really need to downgrade to 2.08 it looks like.

I’d be mighty grateful if someone could confirm this bug.

FYI: 16-core mid-2010 Mac Pro, 32 GB RAM, OS 10.13.4

Attachments:
    1. CrashMe.artb_.zip

Jill S-S

Hi, Thanks for providing details and sorry you are experiencing an issue. When we can reproduce an issue we can usually fix it.

However, I’ve opened your file using Artboard 2.0.9 and macOS 10.13.4 and experience no issues when resizing the text bounding box (w/ and w/out holding Shift-key) nor when resizing actual font size in the Text Tab. Can you confirm the typeface you have used is “Didot”? I want to make sure in case you have a font that I do not have (though that should not cause an issue). We’ll need to dig a bit deeper to try and find the issue.

In the mean time, I’d also like to have you try reseting the app preferences file in case that helps. Here’s how:
    Hold the Option-key and choose ‘Artboard > Reset Preferences…’ from the main menu and choose . Close and restart Artboard and let us know if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your patience,
    Jill

Graham
    Keymaster

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue and the bug was sufficiently critical that we have released an urgent fix. It seems that it will only affect certain users under some circumstances, though the exact combination of factors is rather complex. But to save getting bogged down in those, we have released an update to version 2.1.0 which will address the issue comprehensively.

If you obtained the app through Devmate, it should appear as an available update, either automatically if you enabled that, or when you choose “Check For Updates”. For App Store customers, the update will take a little while longer to show up as we are subject to review by Apple, but we anticipate that this should be in the next day or so.

Graham
    Keymaster

It seems we may have been premature in declaring this issue fixed – we’ve had further crash reports from users even after the updated version.

We are urgently investigating and will have a further fix as soon as we have a full understanding of the issue. In the meantime, it does seem that resetting the preferences resolves the problem for most people. To do this, hold down the option key and choose “Reset Preferences” from the Artboard menu, then click the “Reset Preferences” button in the dialog that follows.

We take the stability of Artboard extremely seriously and will do everything we can to resolve this issue as soon as we possibly can. In the meantime we thank you for your patience and apologise for the inconvenience.

Update Jun 1, 2018: We have (finally!) tracked down the root cause of the issue, and will be rolling out a fix shortly. In the meantime, resetting the preferences is a valid workaround that does completely clear the problem. This should be done one time before drawing any objects in a new drawing. Opening an existing drawing should function normally.

Further update, June 5th, 2018: Version 2.1.1 contains the real fix. This should appear in update feeds and is recommended for all users.

The topic ‘Vers 2.09 crashes instantly on resizing objects (FIXED)’ is closed to new replies.