• Author

Graham
    Keymaster

If you are an Artboard 1 user and are upgrading to Artboard 2, you may have customised user collections that you’d like to use in Artboard 2. If you purchase AB2 directly from us, the application is not sandboxed and will automatically import user collections and templates from any older version, including the App Store version. If you purchase AB2 from the App Store, it is sandboxed and is therefore unable to automatically migrate your old collections and templates. This is an inherent limitation imposed by sandboxing.

Therefore, to get around this, you can Export your custom user collections from Artboard 1 and Import them into Artboard 2. You can do this at any time – downloading and installing AB2 will not remove or affect your installation of AB1 in any way. To do this, open the Library Manager, highlight the collection(s) you wish to Export, and choose Export Collection… from the action pop-up menu. In AB 2, open the Library Manager, choose Import Collection… from the Action menu and choose the file you saved.

If you have templates you’ve created yourself, and would like to use these in AB2, you’ll need to move these manually as neither AB1 nor AB2 have an in-built way to Export or Import templates. You can do this in the Finder, if you make the ~/Library/ folder visible by choosing Go > Option+Library. Your templates will be located at:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Containers/com.mapdiva.as.artboard/Data/Library/Application Support/com.mapdiva.as.artboard/My Templates/

If you were using the non-App Store version of Artboard 1, the path is:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/com.mapdiva.artboard/My Templates/

The location of the templates for Artboard 2 (App Store version) is:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Containers/com.mapdiva.mas.artbtwo/Data/Library/Application Support/com.mapdiva.mas.artbtwo/My Templates/

The topic ‘Upgrading to Artboard 2 (App Store version)’ is closed to new replies.