Tagged: ,

• Author

Peteb627
    Participant

Is there a way to control line spacing (text spacing) within a text box. (I have a text box were the text wraps when the box is made smaller and higher and I would like to reduce the space between the wrapped line.

PB

Mapdiva

Hi PB, When you have the text selected for editing, there are some text options that become available in the format bar – one of those is the setting for line “Spacing” – single, double, or other – choose other for example to set it to 1.5 line spacing. Double-click the text with the Select tool to enable it for editing then adjust the settings. You may need to click off the text to view the end result and/or adjust the text box size so it still fits. Hope that helps! – Jill

Peteb627
    Participant

I don’t know what the “format bar” is?

PB

Mapdiva

Sorry, let me clarify… when you have Rulers visible (View > Show Rulers) and you double-click text to select it for editing, a Format Bar will appear across the top (horizontal) ruler. In Ortelius, this format bar is only visible when rulers are shown and text is active for editing and contains some additional text format settings, including line spacing. – Jill

The topic ‘Text control . . .’ is closed to new replies.