December 30, 2018 at 10:04 am #28242Erik M-HParticipant
N.B. This was going to be sent privately via the Feedback form, but I can’t get it to work properly because of the modal “Ortelius 2 Trial” window.
I’m unhappy. I’m migrating from a desktop and a laptop Mac to a new laptop. This has been a long process, because it’s been a busy season. I finally got a moment to launch Ortelius on the new laptop, and I’m told that I “have Zero days left of free trial.” I don’t have a free trial, I have a permanent license which I paid a lot of money for.
I retrieved my license information from 1Password, and I clicked on “Enter Activation Number” in the “Ortelius 2 Trial” dialog box. Ortelius tells me that there “are no activations left for this number” and that I need to “extend [my] license” to use it on more computers.
I’m supposing this means you’ve gone all Adobe on me, and that you’re counting my hardware and that Ortelius is phoning home each time I launch. There’s a reason I no longer buy Adobe products!
I cannot un-license Ortelius on my old desktop machine, because it’s already been deleted.
So I’m trying to un-license it on my old laptop, but:
1. There is no submenu item containing the word “license” or the word “register” or the word “registration” in the Ortelius menu. I also tried the word “licence,” since your developer is Australian.
2. There is no submenu item containing the word “license” or the word “register” or the word “registration” in the Window menu. I also tried the word “licence,” since your developer is Australian.
3. There is no submenu item containing the word “license” or the word “register” or the word “registration” in the Help menu. I also tried the word “licence,” since your developer is Australian.
4. There is no “license/licence” or “registration” pane in the Preferences window.
So I’ve wasted a further half-hour writing this griping message to you, and you’re having to start your new year (or, hopefully, end your old year) reading it — and I’m sure this isn’t what either of us wants.
Can you in some way fix this so that I can use my $400 software?
— Erik Mueller-Harder
Ortelius 1, purchased on 2011-01-12 for $99
Ortelius 2, purchased on 2017-07-22 for $399; license # [redacted, since this is a public forum];
December 30, 2018 at 10:27 am #28244MapdivaModerator
Hi Erik, We’ve replied with your license info via email. I hope this resolves your issue.
December 31, 2018 at 9:05 am #28245Erik M-HParticipant
Yes! Thank you so much for the prompt attention. (And I apologize for my previous public grouchiness; there are extenuating circumstances, but they’re not your fault.)
- The topic ‘Ortelius 2 licensing’ is closed to new replies.