Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Macflippo
      Participant

How do i move an object that i have on drawing layer 1 to the existing drawing layer 2 ?

The move to new layer command moves it to a new created layer.

Graham
      Keymaster

Hi Filip,

To do this you can just cut and paste objects from the active layer to any other drawing layer – just make it active before pasting. Drag and drop between different documents is also supported, but not currently dragging to the layers list.

Macflippo
      Participant

Hi Graham,

That i tried, but the the objects don’t stay on their location. They move a little. How do i controll that ?

Graham
      Keymaster

Currently there is a “paste offset” applied that initially is 20 points right and 20 points down. If you subsequently drag the objects, the paste offset is set to the distance dragged. Thus if you repeatedly paste the same object(s), they will fall into line appropriately. However, in your case this is probably unwanted, and there isn’t anything you can do about it, except drag the objects back to the desired position. I can look into detecting when the first paste of a series is to a new layer and setting the offset to 0 in that case, but unfortunately with any feature that tries to be “intelligent”, chances are the behaviour won’t please everybody.

Macflippo
      Participant

Maybe next to the move to new layer command, add an move to layer and the a dropdown of the existing layers ? Or a change layers simular to illustrator. One more item for my wishlist ;-)

Graham
      Keymaster

Filip, you’ll be pleased to know that we’ve done both. You can directly move selected objects to a new layer with a menu, or you can cut/paste them and if the paste is the first paste to a new layer, no offset is applied. Will be in 1.0.3.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘moving objects to existing layer’ is closed to new replies.