• Author

Jill S-S

### UPDATE: March 30th, 2018 ###

GREAT NEWS! It’s been a very long time coming, but Apple have finally released macOS 10.13.4, which resolves this bug.

This means that, as we promised, all versions of Artboard and Ortelius including the older 1.9.x version will now function normally provided you update your OS to 10.13.4 (or do not update it beyond 10.13.1). For those customers that chose to upgrade to Ortelius 2 as a solution to this issue, we thank you for you continued support. Ortelius 2 of course will work correctly on 10.13.4, as well as 10.13.2 and 10.13.3.

With this bump in the road behind us, we look forward to some great new features and updates in the near future.

### UPDATE: December 11th, 2017 ###

We have been able to develop a workaround for the bug Apple introduced in OS X 10.13.2. This version (2.0.8) of our software must be used if you have upgraded or are intending to upgrade to macOS 10.13.2. If you have NOT yet upgraded your OS to this version, make sure you update Ortelius first, by launching the app and choosing “Check For Updates…” in the Ortelius application menu. If you have already updated your OS to 10.13.2, you will not be able to do this, because Ortelius fails to launch on that version. Instead, you must download the app again manually, and double-click the .dmg file to drag-install the application, overwriting the existing copy. The download link is: https://www.mapdiva.com/ortelius/downloading-ortelius-thank-you/
    We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Yesterday’s macOS 10.13.2 update contains a critical OS bug that prevents Ortelius 2 from launching. If you are working on a time-sensitive project with Ortelius, please do not install the macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra update.

We have investigated the issue and have determined that it is an OS bug with no workaround. We have notified Apple of the critical nature of this problem for our customers but all we can do is hope is that they fix it in a timely manner. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. We will send out a notification when the fix is available.

danigsar
    Participant

Thanks for the post. Apple says that Mapdiva must adapt their softwares to the new version due to the fact that they are not official Apple store apps. Are you working on that problem? I am using Ortelius on my work, so as you can imagine I do need a solution ASAP.

Graham
      Keymaster

We have urgently raised the issue with Apple. The bug is not in our software, and it affects all of our products, including those that are available in the App Store. We can alter our software to workaround the bug for the future, but it will not help users who need to open their existing files, custom styles, etc. The bug involves the reading of data from a file, so any solution needs to allow existing files to be read. The problem did not exist in any version of OS X up to and including 10.13.1. We do fully understand the nature of the bug, and we’d far rather we could fix it and push an update out than rely on Apple to do it, which may take considerably more time. Thanks for your understanding an patience – this has been rather dumped on us out of the blue, and we’ve been working very hard to figure it out. In the meantime, if possible, do not update to 10.13.2 if you need Ortelius for critical time-sensitive work.

danigsar
    Participant

Many thanks for your rapid respond. Are you sure you gonna go against Apple? I think your software is great and I’d like to continue working with it. I have tried to restore my last macOS version but did not work. So, I wonder when you are planning to fix the problem. Do you really expect that Apple upgrades IOS in order to adjust to your apps? Could you give me a erasable time frame to be able to work again with Mapdiva?

Graham
      Keymaster

We’re not ‘going against’ Apple. They have a public function in their APIs that doesn’t work – no doubt they’ll be as keen to fix it as we are, and we will work with them to identify the issue. As part of that investigation, we’ll be hoping they will be able to offer us a possible workaround that we can incorporate for our customers (they have source code we don’t have, obviously). The issue will probably also get fixed in 10.13.3, so the workaround will only be required for 10.13.2. As for a time frame, we have made them aware of the urgency, but it’s impossible to predict at the moment. We’ll keep you informed.

Jill S-S

We have been able to develop a workaround on our 2.0 products for the bug Apple introduced in macOS 10.13.2. See original post.

Ajayahlawat
    Participant

Hii Gyu’s please share me Ortelius updates informations.i’m working at cyberops
    Cyberops
    Cyberops

The topic ‘Updated: Resolved – recent macOS 10.13.2 update prevents Ortelius from opening’ is closed to new replies.