Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      metal71dog
      Participant

Any thoughts on how long it might be till we able to use shp files in Ortelius? I came across this database (new to me, probably not to you) and it seems it would really be handy.

http://www.data.gov/catalog/raw/category/0/agency/0/filter//type/e/sort//page/1/count/25

As a geography student may I say awesome program. Something I’ve looked for since I first got my Mac. I look forward to the Pro edition with great anticipation.

Thank You.

Mapdiva

Currently SHP files import as point/line/poly shapes in a graphic space (not georeferenced), with some performance limitations – attributes retained. There are some great data sites out there, and data.gov looks like a good one. nationalatlas.gov is another handy site, if you haven’t seen it. Based on the limitations in the Standard Edition, shapefiles for some purposes work better than others (for example, boundary files for location maps generally work well). Sorry, we do not have an anticipated release date yet as we continue development – though we’ll definitely keep you informed. Very glad you like what you see so far.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘data.gov and shapefiles’ is closed to new replies.