• Author

mraghu
    Participant

New to Artboard 2 here. Is it possible to create a custom brush stroke like the “Brush Curlique” style? I’d like to create a double-helix brush so I can use vector strokes to draw DNA molecules like in the attached image.

The DNA molecules there were drawn as simple vector lines with a DNA-shaped brush stroke applied. That was done in Creature House Expression, unfortunately long extinct. I’d love to have something similar in Artboard. I saw the tutorial on custom blended styles but couldn’t find anything on creating a custom brush style.

Thanks,
    Raghu

Attachments:

Jill S-S

Hi mraghu, Absolutely. I’ve put together this quick tutorial to show you how it’s done.

Jill S-S

thanks

mraghu
    Participant

Thanks for the tutorial, Jill. I think I am still missing something, though. I can see how to modify an existing custom style and save it, but I don’t see how to create a new brush style (from scratch) that draws a double-line, like in the DNA diagram I posted above — i.e., I want to define a custom brush style such that when I draw one line with whatever tool, the stroke that’s applied is a double-helix. I captured an animated gif that shows what I am hoping for — I’ll see if the gif loads correctly.

-Raghu

Attachments:

Jill S-S

mraghu
    Participant

Jill, that’s perfect, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

-Raghu

The topic ‘custom brush style?’ is closed to new replies.