• Author

jrg
    Participant

Hello,

First of all, I am not a cartographer; I just happen to love maps and find Ortelius a very interesting application. So, I downloaded the demo in order to get a feel for the program, but I cannot seem to find the bundled maps that are mentioned on the web site.

Are these not included with the demo? If not, I would suggest that at least some should be included in order to give people who do not do this professionally get started with something other than a blank screen. I hope I’m just an idiot and haven’t found the maps, yet. ;)

Thanks for any replies!

james

Graham
    Keymaster

The maps are included in the Demo. Choose File > New From Template… to view the current set.

jrg
    Participant

Hmm…that option is grayed out for me.

Mapdiva

thanks jrg, we’ll look into it and get back with an answer as soon as possible. I’ve also just added a new screencast on using map templates here . You can take a look to see how they *should* work. – Jill

Graham
    Keymaster

jrg, can you confirm you have Ortelius 1.0.1? There was a file permissions problem in 1.0 that could cause the templates to be unavailable, but that was corrected in 1.0.1. If you do have 1.0.1, please submit a bug report (Help > Report A Bug…) and I’ll look into it. If you have 1.0, update using Ortelius > Check For Updates…

jrg
    Participant

I was on 1.0.1 and just did the upgrade via “check for updates” and am now running 1.0.2, but the “New from Template” option is still grayed out.

I just submitted a bug report.

Graham
    Keymaster

James, can you please send me your real email address? I tried to respond to your bug report but got bounced. Thanks, Graham

jrg
    Participant

(THANKS!! – we’ve noted your contact info and removed it for your privacy)

The topic ‘Bundled Maps in Demo?’ is closed to new replies.