Round-cornered rectangles are common shapes in many designs. We give it more love with new fine-grain controls and the ability to square-off individual corners!
Drawing software for everyone
In this video, we show how to clip multiple objects at once using the ‘Intersect’ command. Plus 5 new keyboard tips that are super handy. Read more
This video shows how to “tear-off” the Color Picker to apply color to individually selected text in a single text box.
This video shows how to make a patterned brush style using simple graphics and the ’Path Decorator’ settings.
Images in Photos, iPhoto and Photo Booth may be opened as a new drawing file, and/or added to an existing drawing. Read more
Use your computer’s camera to take and add pictures directly to your drawing canvas.
This video tip demonstrates how to show and hide sidebars, and how to move Tabs within sidebars for a customized workspace.
When considering a new color scheme for your next design project, custom color palettes are a great place to start. Using Apple’s Color Picker, you can manually create new color swatch lists, or download and install pre-made custom color palettes from several sources on the web. Here’s how…
Artboard’s new ‘Skew’ function makes it easy to distort objects and add perspective. Here we combine multiple objects and apply ‘Skew’ to quickly add great looking windows to a tall building.
Mapdiva announces the release of Artboard 2, full-featured drawing software to create crisp vector graphics and layered illustrations. Artboard 2 is positioned as an alternative to more complicated and expensive vector drawing software. Spend more time drawing and less time searching for elusive commands. Overflowing with new features and a tidy user interface, its speed and responsiveness are complemented by smart techniques for interacting with drawing objects. With its affordable price point and plethora of in-app and online resources, Artboard 2 puts quality graphic design tools squarely within reach of new and experienced creatives.
“Since 2011, our motto for Artboard has been “Simple. Powerful. Fun,” co-founder Graham Cox explains. “It keeps us focused and forces us to carefully consider each and every feature; to balance functionality with usability.” That simplicity and power are evident in Artboard’s new tabbed interface, more powerful styles editor, and “smart” drawing tools.
Free in-app resources make Artboard 2 all the more appealing. Artboard’s built-in library of over 1900 styles and clip art include a wide assortment of maps, shapes, color swatches, and more. And these aren’t just standard clip art images – they are crisp vector graphics that you can completely change the size, color and design of to make your own. Flexible templates help small businesses, students, hobbyist and 2D game designers get started on their projects quickly, such as making business cards, posters, pixel perfect icons, and right-sized social media graphics.
Notable Features of Artboard 2
- AT YOUR FINGERTIPS CONTROL – Single direct Select tool for editing objects, combined with a new tabbed interface, puts what you need at your fingertips. You can add and remove points, simplify paths, rotate and resize shapes, edit objects through direct and numeric input, move center points, combine objects with Boolean operators, crop and clip photos, reset object’s bounding box, and… much, much more.
- SUPER SMART DRAWING TOOLS – “Live” adjust all vector shapes, paths, and curves directly. New Geometry Tab means no more digging through menus to find edit commands.
- MORE POWERFUL STYLES EDITOR – Go way beyond simple stroke and fill styles of basic illustration software. Artboard’s Styles Tab is used to create and edit expert “stacked” styles (including arrowed strokes, rough strokes, pattern brushes, gradients, image tile, patterned and hatched fills, and more).
- TIME-SAVING WORKFLOWS – Export your drawing, selected objects, individual layers, and/or “slices” of your drawing, at multiple resolutions and scales, supporting multiple Color Spaces. Print shrink-to-fit to a single page, and “poster-tiled” printing over multiple sheets of paper.
- EDITABLE CLIP ART & STYLES – Includes over 1900 royalty-free fully editable clip art and graphic styles to customize, plus a Library to store your own.
Artboard 2 software is exclusively for Mac OS X. Read the full Release Notes here.
Artboard 2 is a new product release and major upgrade from previous versions of Artboard.
Artboard 1 customers get a 37.5% discount off the standard price of $39.99 USD. Here are your options to upgrade:
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC APP STORE CUSTOMERS
Artboard 2 is now available on the Mac App Store. You have the option to purchase Artboard 2 on the Mac App Store for full price, or transfer your license (see below).
Transfer your Mac App Store license to a Mapdiva Direct license:
Unfortunately, the Mac App Store prevents us from offering an upgrade discount to existing customers. Here’s how you can take advantage of our Mapdiva upgrade pricing of only $24.99 USD:
- Go to the “Mac App Store”
- Select “Purchases” and take a screenshot of your Artboard purchase
- Email your screenshot to our for an upgrade coupon to use on the Mapdiva store.
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAPDIVA DIRECT CUSTOMERS
If you purchased Artboard 1 directly from our web store, please email our for upgrade pricing of only $24.99 USD.
OPTIONS TO PURCHASE
While some developers are leaving the Mac App Store, we are sticking with it. Overall, the Mac App Store has been good to us. Artboard gained terrific exposure being prominently featured, “recommended for education,” and a “staff recommended” app. But more and more it constrains the speed at which we can provide updates, the features we can include, and how well we can offer support. It also still prohibits free trials to let you evaluate our software before making your purchase – something we feel strongly helps you make good purchase decisions. Though the Mac App Store is still a good option, we hope you’ll consider purchasing Artboard 2 directly from us (processed securely through our partners at FastSpring). Ultimately, this gives us the most flexibility and we believe provides you the most benefit.
Mapdiva offers additional purchase options, with up to 50% for educational volume licenses.
If you prefer to purchase directly through the Mac App Store, you’ll still get the same great product as our direct customers.
We have worked hard to implement the features that YOU have requested. Whether you’re a long-time Artboard user, or you’re just joining us, thanks choosing Artboard!
Styles define the look of your shapes. The built-in collection includes special color swatch styles based on Google’s Material Color Swatches. Select a style in the Styles & Clip Art palette and begin drawing, or drag styles from the palette onto existing objects.
Alternatively, use built-in styles as inspiration to create your own unique styles in Artboard’s expert Style Inspector. Choose a style and open the Style Inspector, then click ‘Clone’ to make a copy without affecting the original. Make desired changes to it, and continue drawing.
Media provided by Mapdiva LLC are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License unless otherwise noted. Attribution to Mapdiva.com is requested, however not required.