The toolbar at the top of the Artboard window gives you one-click access to many of the actions you’ll use when working with drawings. As you discover which controls you use most, you can add, remove, and rearrange toolbar buttons to suit your work style.
To Show (or Hide) the Toolbar
Do one of the following:
- Choose ‘View > Show (or Hide) Toolbar’ from the main menu, or
- Click the green button in the upper-left window to enter Full Screen.
Add, Remove or Rearrange Toolbar Buttons
- Choose ‘View > Customize Toolbar’, or right-click the toolbar and choose “Customize” from the contextual menu. The Customize Toolbar sheet appears.
- Make any of the following changes to the toolbar as desired:
- Add an item to the toolbar, drag its icon to the toolbar.
- Remove an item from the toolbar, drag it out of the toolbar.
- Restore the default set of toolbar buttons, drag the default set to the toolbar.
- Make the toolbar icons smaller, select Use Small Size.
- Show only icons or only text, choose an item from the Show pop-up menu.
- Rearrange items in the toolbar, drag them to position.
- Click Done.
Alternatively, do one of the following:
- Remove an item from the toolbar by pressing the
COMMANDkey while dragging the item out of the toolbar, or
- Move an item by pressing the
COMMANDkey while dragging the item around in the toolbar.