As you you use Artboard, you’ll discover which controls you use most. For different drawings, you may have a preferred layout for sidebars. You may want to always use a specific drawing unit for new drawings. Artboard lets you customize these settings and more to suit your work style.
Some customized settings apply to individual drawings as they are opened and closed, while other settings may apply to all of your drawings.
Drawing Units and Drawing Size
Save drawing canvas dimensions, drawing units and more as your personal default for new drawings. See Setting up a New Drawing for more information on changing drawing settings.
View Artboard Full Screen
You can expand the Artboard window to fill the entire computer screen. Full screen viewing is document specific.
Do one of the following:
- Click the green button in the top-left corner of the Artboard window, or
- Choose ‘View > Enter Full Screen’ from the main menu, or
- To see the Artboard menu bar and other controls, move the pointer to the top of the screen.
To return to regular view, do one of the following:
- Move the pointer to the top of the screen, then click the green button, or
- Choose ‘View > Exit Full Screen’, or
- Press the Escape key on your keyboard.
Many preferences, such as size of object handles, help customize your Artboard workspace. View Preferences in the User Guide.