Mapdiva LLC today is pleased to announce an important update to Artboard, the simple, powerful, fun vector drawing software for Mac OS X. Artboard 1.8 is enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina-display. The update introduces social sharing of drawings, new power-features, and enhanced performance. Artboard 1.8 is a general update recommended for all users.
Artboard makes vector drawing easy – simply pick a drawing tool, choose a style from the built-in library or create your own, and draw.
What’s New in 1.8?
- Power-feature: Layer Masking. By enabling Layer Masks, you can create complex clipping masks for each individual layer which add a powerful new creative dimension to your projects
- You can now use the Tab key to cycle through a series of overlapping objects to select them; this is useful in situations where directly clicking the object might be awkward or impossible, such as when one object completely covers another
- Your Artboard creations can now be directly shared to your favourite social networking sites or emailed using the new ‘Share’ toolbar button
- Major performance enhancement to alleviate excessively slow drawing
- Several bug fixes and other changes – view the complete release notes
Notable Features Of Artboard:
- Enhanced for Retina display
- Over 20 simple and direct drawing tools
- Linear & polar duplicate
- Cartesian and Isometric grids
- Geometry panel for numeric input
- SVG vector file import
- Image mask, clip and effects
- Power-feature: cascading “shared” styles
- Combine shapes with Boolean operators
- Templates include fliers, invitations, signs, & business cards
- Beautifully rendered text and text on path, outline, shadow, & mask
- Rich documentation, online resources, videos, and vector drawing tutorials
- 64-bit native
Artboard is known for its expert “stacked” styles that let users combine effects, such as pattern and image fills; arrowed, tapered, and tagged strokes; gradients with transparencies; Core Image Filter effects; and several others. Artboard makes it easy to design logos, posters, technical drawings and more. Start from scratch, or make use of the over 1700 awesome styles and fully editable clip art, including speech bubbles, shiny buttons, maps and flags, nature, holidays, and home planning; plus a Library to store your own. Mapdiva provides many helpful vector drawing tutorials, complete documentation, and a free trial version on their website.
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* 10.7 required for “Lion” features (10.7.4 recommended); 10.8 for Mountain Lion features
* 64-bit native
* 85.4 MB