We’ve been quite busy lately.
Version 1.5 is now available as an update on the Mac App Store. It is a free update for existing Mac App Store users. The big news here is SVG support (read more about SVG support ); an enhancement to closed paths that treat the coincident end points and curve handles as a single point; and greatly improved performance on Pan and Zoom with shadows.
We’ve posted a complete list of updates on the Artboard User Forum.
Here’s a quick look at what’s inside:
- Many bug fixes
- When exporting to PDF and printing, gradients with alpha transparency are now supported
- Dramatically faster Pan and Zoom by adding a preference to control the display of shadows at very high zoom levels
- Added paper background textures in the drawing setup dialog
- SVG images can now be browsed by the Image Browser and dragged to a drawing, or SVG files can be opened from File > Open or dragged in from Finder (read more for details)
- Looped paths now treat the two end points and curve handles as a single point if they coincide
- Document style collections now update on a save, not just on first open
- Tapered stroke effect more versatile – allows individual settings for each end of the stroke, as well as cap and join settings
- Improved templates
- Added scale control for Image objects
- Added master opacity for styles
- Paper margins now take into account paper orientation
- User margin settings removed as being inapplicable to Artboard
We want to thank you for choosing Artboard as your vector drawing software – we’re working hard to make it the best yet. Questions or comments? Drop us a line – we’d love to hear from you!
Your Ratings Help Us Succeed
Ratings on the Mac App Store are an integral part of an app’s success. Even if you’ve rated Artboard in the past, please take a moment and update your rating for the current version.