Artboard’s new ‘Skew’ function makes it easy to distort objects and add perspective. Here we combine multiple objects and apply ‘Skew’ to quickly add great looking windows to a tall building.
Archive for month: May, 2016
Mapdiva announces the release of Artboard 2, full-featured drawing software to create crisp vector graphics and layered illustrations. Artboard 2 is positioned as an alternative to more complicated and expensive vector drawing software. Spend more time drawing and less time searching for elusive commands. Overflowing with new features and a tidy user interface, its speed and responsiveness are complemented by smart techniques for interacting with drawing objects. With its affordable price point and plethora of in-app and online resources, Artboard 2 puts quality graphic design tools squarely within reach of new and experienced creatives.
“Since 2011, our motto for Artboard has been “Simple. Powerful. Fun,” co-founder Graham Cox explains. “It keeps us focused and forces us to carefully consider each and every feature; to balance functionality with usability.” That simplicity and power are evident in Artboard’s new tabbed interface, more powerful styles editor, and “smart” drawing tools.
Free in-app resources make Artboard 2 all the more appealing. Artboard’s built-in library of over 1900 styles and clip art include a wide assortment of maps, shapes, color swatches, and more. And these aren’t just standard clip art images – they are crisp vector graphics that you can completely change the size, color and design of to make your own. Flexible templates help small businesses, students, hobbyist and 2D game designers get started on their projects quickly, such as making business cards, posters, pixel perfect icons, and right-sized social media graphics.
Notable Features of Artboard 2
- AT YOUR FINGERTIPS CONTROL – Single direct Select tool for editing objects, combined with a new tabbed interface, puts what you need at your fingertips. You can add and remove points, simplify paths, rotate and resize shapes, edit objects through direct and numeric input, move center points, combine objects with Boolean operators, crop and clip photos, reset object’s bounding box, and… much, much more.
- SUPER SMART DRAWING TOOLS – “Live” adjust all vector shapes, paths, and curves directly. New Geometry Tab means no more digging through menus to find edit commands.
- MORE POWERFUL STYLES EDITOR – Go way beyond simple stroke and fill styles of basic illustration software. Artboard’s Styles Tab is used to create and edit expert “stacked” styles (including arrowed strokes, rough strokes, pattern brushes, gradients, image tile, patterned and hatched fills, and more).
- TIME-SAVING WORKFLOWS – Export your drawing, selected objects, individual layers, and/or “slices” of your drawing, at multiple resolutions and scales, supporting multiple Color Spaces. Print shrink-to-fit to a single page, and “poster-tiled” printing over multiple sheets of paper.
- EDITABLE CLIP ART & STYLES – Includes over 1900 royalty-free fully editable clip art and graphic styles to customize, plus a Library to store your own.
Artboard 2 software is exclusively for Mac OS X. Read the full Release Notes here.
Artboard is available to purchase on the App Store, or directly from us. The product is functionally identical, though purchasing and updates are handed differently. The choice is yours, but we prefer you to purchase from our store. Here’s why:
- The update procedure is simpler, both for you as a customer and for us as developers.
- We get much better customer statistics, which make it much easier to serve you.
- We can be far more flexible offering discounts and alternative licensing options.
- The product costs less on our store, as we do not give 30% to Apple.
Version 1 upgrade
The previous Version 1 upgrade offer has now come to an end.
Version 2.1 App Store upgrade.
Due to changes to Mapdiva itself, we recently (Feb 2019) had to relist Artboard on the App Store as a new product, with new code signing and a new identity. This was due to inflexibility on Apple’s side. Unfortunately we are not Microsoft, and they were not prepared to help us ensure customer continuity. Therefore existing customers who purchased Artboard 2 on the App Store will no longer automatically receive update notifications. Nor can we contact you directly to let you know about this, because Apple do not give us your details (you can start to see why we set up an alternative store!) So if you are an App Store customer, you may be eligible for a free upgrade. See this page for more details.
We have worked hard to implement the features that YOU have requested. Whether you’re a long-time Artboard user, or you’re just joining us, thanks choosing Artboard!
Styles define the look of your shapes. The built-in collection includes special color swatch styles based on Google’s Material Color Swatches. Select a style in the Styles & Clip Art palette and begin drawing, or drag styles from the palette onto existing objects.
Alternatively, use built-in styles as inspiration to create your own unique styles in Artboard’s expert Style Inspector. Choose a style and open the Style Inspector, then click ‘Clone’ to make a copy without affecting the original. Make desired changes to it, and continue drawing.
Media provided by Mapdiva LLC are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License unless otherwise noted. Attribution to Mapdiva.com is requested, however not required.
Trademarks & Copyright
Artboard® is copyright Mapdiva, LLC
Ortelius® is copyright Mapdiva, LLC
GC Drawkit is copyright Graham P. Cox
GC Gradient Panel is copyright Graham P. Cox
Apple, iWork, and Mac OS(TM) are copyright of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Adobe Reader(TM) and Illustrator(TM) are trademark Adobe Systems Incorporated
Word(TM) is copyright the Microsoft Corporation
This product contains the Generic Polygon Clipper (GPC) software library licensed from The University of Manchester Advanced Interfaces Group
This product contains the VectorBoolean code developed in cooperation with Fortunate Bear, LLC, Copyright (c) 2011 Andrew Finnell
Color Picker Popover
Graphics & Web
Website artwork scenes by Andre Jolicoeur Illustration
Application UI graphics designed by Michael Norman Olson, design+ and Mapdiva LLC
Website powered by WordPress; web customization and development assistance by run skip, llc
Website theme by Kriese.at Premium Themes, customized by run skip, llc
All application UI and App icons and website graphics created using Artboard® by Mapdiva, LLC
Styles & Clip Art
This product may include artwork open sourced from the U.S. National Park Service: TrueType Font Symbols (last updated July 2007)
This product includes color specifications and designs developed by Cynthia Brewer, used with permission.
This product includes Material color specifications developed by Google, Inc.
This product may include templates that refer to outside brands for which Mapdiva is not affiliated.
- Facebook is copyright Facebook, Inc.
- VistaPrint is copyright VistaPrint
- Twitter is copyright Twitter, Inc.
- LinkedIn is copyright LinkedIn Corporation
Preference settings affect how Artboard behaves, and they apply to all of your Artboard documents.
HINT: Many preferences are set in your computer’s System Preferences. To open System Preferences, click the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen, then choose System Preferences.
The toolbar at the top of the Artboard window gives you one-click access to many of the actions you’ll use when working with drawings. As you discover which controls you use most, you can add, remove, and rearrange toolbar buttons to suit your work style.
As you you use Artboard, you’ll discover which controls you use most. For different drawings, you may have a preferred layout for sidebars. You may want to always use a specific drawing unit for new drawings. Artboard lets you customize these settings and more to suit your work style.
Some customized settings apply to individual drawings as they are opened and closed, while other settings may apply to all of your drawings.
A flexible print dialog offers “shrink to single page” and “poster-tiled” printing.
Artboard supports Apple’s ‘Share’ function to quickly share a JPG version of your drawing with others.
Artboard supports export to PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, Windows BMP and GIF files.