Release Notes, version 1.0.8
- A problem introduced by the change to symbols to preserve stroke widths which was incompatible with symbol groups that were also scaling their content was fixed.
- A problem where an errant symbol would throw an exception when initially placed and leave the undo manager disabled was fixed.
- A potential crash when deallocating an adornment was fixed.
- A problem preventing TIFF export was fixed.
- A problem where converting text objects to shape groups could silently fail leaving the app in an unstable state was fixed. The command is now greyed out when the operation definitely cannot succeed due to insufficient inputs, and if a failure does occur it is handled gracefully.
- A problem where the baseline of a series of glyphs in mixed fonts was not being correctly preserved when performing 'Convert to Shape Group' was corrected.
- Image browser disables multiple selection as currently received drags ignore items other than the first.
- Toolbar Items are now validated the same as their menu equivalents.
- Some minor controls in the Style Inspector were not being disabled when they should be.
- Added 'Close' command to Edit > Paths & Tracks to force a path to be logically closed.
- Symbol 'Detach From Master' now applies the symbol's angle and scale to the detached graphic on the principle of 'least surprise'.
- Symbols can't directly be used as a donor object for creating a new symbol (you must detach them first). While that did previously work, it leads to a chain of dependencies between symbols that can be hard to manage when editing symbols. By detaching you break the chain and so there are no potentially unpleasant side effects when editing a symbol.
- Given the change above, when a previously saved symbol is loaded that contain a symbol, the additional symbol layer is stripped out. The result for the user is no difference, but it fixes up a now-illegal situation.
- There is now no difference between the effects of the shift and command keys when selecting - either will invert the selection on the clicked object.
- The UI for setting up Data Transformers has been removed from the symbol inspector. This is pending a much better UI and extension of this feature in a future version. Any existing transformers a user may have used in a map are still honoured, but can no longer be edited.
- Dragging an area smaller than 4 pixels with the zoom tool is treated as a click, not a dragged zoom. This makes it less likely to inadvertently zoom to a very high value if the mouse is slightly dragged when clicking.
- Added tooltips for all toolbar items.
Previous version release notes