A general update recommended for all users.
Release Notes, version 1.7
- Workflow changes. Style Sharing is now a 'power' feature and can be enabled or disabled altogether. When disabled, styles are never shared and Artboard will automatically duplicate a style as the user works. Enabling sharing restores the previous behaviour for users who like to take advantage of it. Style sharing is now disabled by default so new users will experience less initial confusion caused by this feature.
- An arbitrary 'paper background' color feature has been restored alongside the available textures.
- A group that is used as an operand to a boolean operation now works by using the combined paths of its content rather than the bounding rectangle. This gives more versatile behaviour for boolean ops as several distinct objects can be grouped and used to operate on other objects without having to combine them in other ways in advance.
- Groups now support the union boolean op which is now useful given the change above.
- Duplication offset is now correctly recorded for option-drag copies as for command-D and Paste copies.
- Duplication offset calculation was based on the incorrect bounding box type, leading to misalignment of objects when repeatedly pasting or duplicating. This has been fixed.
- New styles created by the format bar were ignoring the global "shared by default" setting.
- Unshared styles are updated for the current tool when they're copied, so that changing properties as you draw is reflected for each subsequent style, rather than going back to the original each time.
- A problem that could cause a crash when opening the Image Browser in some circumstances was fixed.
- A problem that could cause a hang while performing boolean operations on certain kinds of paths was fixed.
- Several independent bugs that could cause incorrect boolean operation results were fixed.
- Preferences UI for Undo options were not being updated properly following changes to the location of these within the preferences dialog in 1.6.
- A problem with over-zealous caching of Core Image effects leading to rendering problems with these effects within a grouped object was fixed.
- A problem with bezier path drawing becoming difficult when the number of elements on the path became large, and when using a trackpad to draw, was fixed.
- Templates are no longer shown at startup by default. If the user enables this in Preferences (or Template window itself), it works as before.
- "Welcome To Artboard" video/help screen is now show after normal startup has fully completed, including document restoration/untitled document creation. This plays nicer with the newer document model and allows non-store version to be registered more readily.
- "Welcome To Artboard" introductory movie was updated.
Release Notes, version 1.6.1
- Disabling a Core Image filter group now makes the group transparent, and so shows any contained content unfiltered, rather than not rendering them altogether. This is more useful as it allows a CI Filter effect to be removed very quickly without the structure of the style needing to be altered. This may effect the rendering of existing styles.
- Performance of Core Image groups improved by caching resulting image whenever possible to avoid reprocessing of filter stack whenever the stack is rendered.
- When converting text shapes and text-on-path to a shape group, multiple styles are now assigned if necessary if the string has varying attributes (such as fill and outline colours). In addition, the style created has much better fidelity with respect to outline stroke and shadow, and paths are also returned for strikethroughs and underlines.
- A problem with displaying Open Panel from "Image File..." buttons in Style Inspector under sandboxing addressed by running the panel modally.
- Ungrouping an image with a clipping path that has been subjected to rotation and/or scaling within the group now works correctly.
- Core Image filter group no longer flips image elements placed within it.
- Preview image for clip-art objects saved to the Library that have a Core Image filter in their style stack are no longer incorrectly clipped/offset.
- Regression of 'Combine>Append' feature fixed - now works as it did previously (in 1.6.0 this was treated incorrectly in the same manner as an intersection or difference).
- A problem with the correct underlining of text-on-path was fixed.