• Author

Greetings once again,

I am hoping that you will be able to let me know if what I am trying to do is possible.

I have created a new style and used the ‘Path Decorator’ option. I had no problem creating the style, however the results were not exactly what I had expected.

Here is a link to a screenshot of the new style and the results that I got.

Of course, the results are completely understandable, and I can see that my expectations and lack of skill are the problem here – not Artboard.

So my question is: Is it possible to create a style similar to the one shown, that results in the black line(s) following the curve of the path rather than creating a jagged edge as shown?

Of course, I could achieve the desired result by removing the black lines from the style. The style would then be just the red ball. I could then draw a curvy path of several red balls, and add a normal black Bezier path on either side of the string of balls to get the same effect.

I am however always looking for ways to do complicated things in a single stroke.

Your comments and advice are greatly appreciated.

Chris. :-)

Hi Chris, I’m always trying to do complicated things with a single stroke (usually successfully, sometimes not so much ;) ). For what you are attempting, try adding the outside lines as two offset strokes rather than straight line segments, For example, here I’ve added a 3-pt stroke offset to negative 14 pts and another 3-pt stroke offset to 14-pts.

– Jill

Absolutely fabulous!

Thanks Jill.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.