Mapdiva LLC today is pleased to announce a major update to Artboard, the simple, powerful, fun vector drawing software for Mac OS X. Artboard 1.7 is enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina-display. The update introduces a redesigned workflow for drawing. Simply pick a drawing tool, choose a style from the built-in library or create your own, and draw. Artboard 1.7 makes it even easier to effortlessly change a style’s properties and continue drawing.
Notable Features Of Artboard:
- Enhanced for Retina display
- Over 20 simple and direct drawing tools
- Linear & polar duplicate
- Cartesian and Isometric grids
- Geometry panel for numeric input
- SVG vector file import
- Image mask, clip and effects
- Power-feature: cascading “shared” styles
- Combine shapes with Boolean operators
- Templates include fliers, invitations, signs, & business cards
- Beautifully rendered text and text on path, outline, shadow, & mask
- Rich documentation, online resources, videos, and vector drawing tutorials
- 64-bit native
Artboard is known for its expert “stacked” styles that let users combine effects, such as pattern and image fills; arrowed, tapered, and tagged strokes; gradients with transparencies; Core Image Filter effects; and several others. Artboard 1.7 workflow enhancements include a vastly simplified drawing workflow, simplified Format Bar, and more fluid drawing. Artboard’s cascading “shared” styles have been promoted to an advanced feature for power-users.
Artboard makes it easy to design logos, posters, technical drawings and more. Start from scratch, or make use of the over 1700 awesome styles and fully editable clip art, including speech bubbles, shiny buttons, maps and flags, nature, holidays, and home planning; plus a Library to store your own. Mapdiva provides many helpful vector drawing tutorials, complete documentation, and a free trial version on their website.
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* 10.7 required for “Lion” features (10.7.4 recommended); 10.8 for Mountain Lion features
* 64-bit native
* 85.4 MB