To Select Objects and Move Around in Your Drawing
Unlike other more complicated software, you can select objects, move vertices, change shapes, and more with a single direct Select [s] tool!
Trackpad pinch-to-zoom gesture are supported to zoom the main view. Trackpad two-finger double-tap gesture is a shortcut for "Zoom To Selection" if there is a selection, or "Zoom To Fit Window" if there isn’t.
To move across the page, use the track pad or scroll mouse. Alternatively use the Pan [h] tool (hand) to grab, hold down your mouse button, and drag the drawing into position.
To enable quick-pan scrolling while zoomed into a drawing while any tool is active, hold the Spacebar to temporarily activate the Pan tool and drag to reposition your drawing canvas. Releasing the Spacebar reverts automatically to the active tool.
To Use the Zoom Tool
- To zoom-in, click the magnifying glass Zoom In tool and click-and-drag onto your drawing over the area you want to enlarge; click once to enlarge the drawing a click at a time
- To zoom-out, click the Zoom Out tool and click once to reduce the drawing a click at a time
- The shortcut for ‘Fit-to window‘ is to double-click the Pan tool
- The shortcut for ‘Actual Size‘ (100%) is to double-click the Zoom In / Out tools
Scroll-wheel mouse zooming
- Holding the Option-key while using a scroll-wheel mouse will zoom in and out of your drawing at the current mouse position
- The Preferences > Options let you invert the scroll-wheel zoom direction as desired
Pinch to zoom
- If your device has a magic trackpad, use standard gestures to pinch to zoom-in and -out
HINT: Shadows are automatically disabled at very high zoom levels (over 800%) for enhanced performance. This setting can be changed in Preferences > Performance in the main menu.
To Zoom to a Pre-Set Magnification
Choose a magnification level from the View pop-up menu at the bottom left of the drawing window. It’s often useful to “fit to window” so that you can see your entire drawing at once.
To Zoom To the Currently Selected Object
To zoom to the objected you currently have selected, choose View > Zoom To Selection in the Main Menu.
Also under the main menu, choose View > Zoom In, or View > Zoom Out. To return a drawing to its actual size, choose View > Actual Size. To return a drawing to fit the display window, choose View > Zoom To Fit.