Opening the Fonts Panel
Using the Fonts panel you can change a text object or label’s typeface, size, and other options.
To open the Fonts panel:
Click the Fonts icon in the toolbar, or choose Text > Show Fonts from the main menu.
The Fonts Panel
Use the Fonts panel to select typefaces, font sizes, and other font formatting, including text shadows and strikethrough.
Here is a summary of the text effects buttons, from left to right:
– The Text Underline pop-up menu to choose an underline style (such as single or double).
– The Text Strikethrough pop-up menu to choose a strikethrough style (such as single or double).
– The Text Color pop-up menu to apply a color to text.
– The Text Shadow button to apply a shadow to selected text.
– The Shadow Opacity, Shadow Blur, Shadow Off set, and Shadow Angle controls affect the appearance of the shadow.
If you don’t see the text effect buttons, choose Show Effects from the Action pop-up menu in the lower-left corner of the Fonts panel.
If you frequently use the Fonts panel, there are techniques for saving time. To quickly locate fonts you use frequently, organize them into font collections. Click the Add (+) button to create and name a font collection, and then drag the font name from the Family list into the new collection.
If you like to change fonts often, leave the Fonts panel open. Resize the Fonts panel using the control in the bottom-right corner of the window, so that only the font families and typefaces in your selected font collection are visible.
Choose Add To Favorites from the action menu ￼ to save a particular font in your Favorites collection.